Association of Personal Historians, Inc.
CODE OF ETHICS
As a member of the Association of Personal Historians I agree that I will adhere to APH's Code of Ethics.
- Conduct business according to impeccable standards of fairness and integrity.
- Represent honesty in my qualifications, background and professional affiliations
- Provide clients with the highest quality of service possible
- Work diligently and with reasonable promptness
- Abide by agreements with clients and narrators, establishing new agreements as necessary
- Act in the best interests of the client, narrator, and profession avoiding both violations of intellectual property rights and conflicts of interest, activity or influence
- Respect the inherent worth of all persons
- Respect clients' and narrators' wishes about privacy, confidentiality, and nondisclosure
- Respect the right of clients and narrators to hold values, beliefs, attitudes, and opinions that differ from my own.
- Respect cultural, individual and role differences, including those based on age, race ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, language and social economic status.
- Act honorably toward other members of the profession and the field as a whole.